Clinical Referral Pathways
Clinical Referral Pathways are evidence-based guidelines to assist in the management of your patient’s specific conditions. Refer to these Pathways to help make decisions appropriate to your patients and to inform when a referral needs to be made to specialty care or guide transitions to and from specialty care services.
- Chronic Constipation
- Hepatitis C
- H. Pylori
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
In the Edmonton zone, if the referral reason is one of the above, please send your referral to the SHARPGI program.
For more information, please visit www.ahs.ca/SHARPGI
In the Edmonton zone, if the referral reason is High Risk Rectal Bleeding please send your referral to the FAST program. If the referral reason is Iron Deficiency Anemia please send your referral to the SHARPGI program.
- Primary Care Clinic Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone®) Initiation Pathway and Toolkit
- ODP to Primary Care Transition Pathway
- Primary Care to Opioid Dependency Program (ODP) Transition Pathway
- Primary Care-Pharmacy Partnerships for Naloxone Kit Distribution Pathway and Toolkit